Saturday, April 21, 2012

Final Story - 1st Draft

The loud cracking of thunder and a bright flash of light, caused me to jump out of my slumber. I could feel a sense of dread looming over me and my heart began racing. I knew that I was being paranoid so I decided to go downstairs to get some water and relieve myself of the sense of dread that I was feeling. Walking downstairs made me more frightened as the stairs creaked under me and the dark shadows caused my heart to feel as if it was about to come out of my chest. Running to the fridge the light sent a luminous light that started to make me feel a bit better, turning toward the window, I saw a pair of eyes staring back at me. “ OH SHIT.” I yelled, dropping the glass on the floor and looking out the window more to make sure that my mind wasn’t playing jokes on me. Putting on the light, I quickly picked up the pieces off the floor and ran up to my bedroom, locking the door behind me.

Walking over to my bed, I noticed that it looked completely different than how I left it, the sheet was displaced, and my pillow was on the floor. Sitting down on my bed I noticed that there was something on my desk, dreading what it might say I was frozen in fear. “I will get you, you belong to me, Tell and your dead.” my mind read the paper over and over trying to comprehend what was happening but all I could think about were those demonic eyes that were staring back at me.

Not being able to sleep that night, the next morning I got up feeling my head pounding. Wanting to stay home, I stalled in my bed until I heard tapping on my door. “ Katherine get up , Now.” my mom yelled, as she ran down the stairs to go to work. I felt alone because I knew I had no one to discuss my problems with.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Her long beautiful hair ran down her shoulders and I wanted to grab her and run out if this classroom, but I knew that I had to carefully plan this out or I would get caught. She looked paranoid and her eyes darted quickly scanning the room. Making eye contact with her, she quickly stared at me as if she was a parent eying a child after doing something wrong. As she turned around, I noticed my heart going back to normal pace, and had no idea that I was holding my breathe. My heart began to flutter as  I took in the fact that those beautiful crystal eyes were just on me. Wondering if she liked my note, all i could concentrate on was when the next time I would be able to run my hands over her clothes and sit on her bed as if we were both there.



Reflection : First Draft
What I plan on fixing when coming to my final piece is, I want to write my story now from my stalker's opinion as I think it would be a fun experience since I always write from the victim's. My protagonist has a internal desire which is to be loved. The message that I would like to communicate to my reader through my story would be one along the lines of love not only being something that is romantic, it can also be scary and unpredictable or simply take over ones mind. The hopes for my fiction piece is that I finish it fully, as I have always wanted to finish a story that I love and that others can read and like as well. I choose the subject that I did because well, for one I did get inspiration because I have been reading stories like mine, and I also wanted to write about horror and challenge my mind to think about more than relationships and hopeless romantic things, but more scary things and see how I can write in that mindset. What intrigues me about my story is that going on from here I would be trying to write in the mindset of someone who is a stalker and is in a sense crazy and I never did that before for a long period so I am really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment