Sunday, April 22, 2012

Draft 2 - Final Story

Fear began seeping into me, as I looked at her bedroom from across the street. My palms began to get clammy and my heart began racing, I could feel my long dark bangs begin sticking to my forehead, and I thought I was going to faint. “ I can do this , I can do this.” was the only line that I kept repeating in my head. The loud thunder and crack of lightning gave me the momentum I needed and I dashed from my hiding spot, through her front yard, and onto the side of her garage. I knew getting into her house from here was going to be easy all I needed to do was climb up the vines and into her already opened window. As I placed my hand in the first vine, looking in the downstairs window, I saw her walking down the stairs and I knew this was my chance to get in. Moving closer to the window, I stared at her, her beautiful long hair and the way the refrigerator light cast her body into a beautiful shadow. Noticing me she dropped her glass as I ducked under the window. I knew I had to move fast.

I climbed onto the vines and began pulling myself up. Grabbing onto the ledge, I pulled my legs over and landed on her plush blue carpet. Walking around her room I noticed she had subtle things such as a pictures of her and her friends. Scoff , her friends, All she needed was me. I began to rummage through her drawers and sat on her bed, imagining that she and I were here, as I looked into her beautiful green eyes. Hearing the stairs creak from under her weight, I ran to her dresser and grabbed a necklace. Having my heart pounding in my chest, I felt as if I were about to fall, but I steadied myself on the vine and was able to land safely on the ground. Making my way across the street, I stared back up at her window as she paced back and forth, the light in her room offering clarity.

Running back to my car, I pulled the door shut behind me and turned on the heat. Sitting back in my seat I gasped for air and closed my eyes remembering everything that just happened. This was the best feeling I have gotten in a while, everyday when I saw her, my adrenaline started pumping and I became lost within myself staring at her for what seemed like hours. Digging into my pockets, I grabbed the necklace and observed it, It was beautiful just like her, a green infinity sign on a snake chain. This was going to symbolize us , I thought as I put the chain on. Driving down her block, there was a streak of lightning that painted the sky and I knew in my heart, that was a message that she and I were meant to be together.



_________________________________________________________________________________


Reflection : After work shopping, I plan on adding more back story about my protagonist so that everyone knows his motives behind wanting to be with her. My protagonist wants love, and also to be accepted by others, but that is not his main focus. The message that I will like to communicate to my reader is, one doesn't have to force or hide behind something to be loved by others, than if we have people who love us for who we are. Now that I am getting more into this story, I want to talk about more issues that people today are facing such as abusive homes and bullying, rather than having a story that doesn't convey any message and has no meaning. When brainstorming this draft, I wanted my story to have more meaning, so now i choose the subject of abuse and bullying, off of people that I know who have gone through it, and would put up with anything just to be loved. I hope to have more meaning into my story, so that people may at the end understand why my protagonist does what he does.



No comments:

Post a Comment