Friday, October 14, 2011

Journal #6

For sale: Baby Shoes: Never Worn
I ran around the house making last minute preparations for my baby sister who was about to be born.  I kept looking at the phone waiting for it to ring for my father to tell me how it was going. Once again I went into the room that we have been preparing for 7 months now. It was beautiful, light pink walls with white strips, a beautiful wooden crib with a light gray elephant inside of it. I sat in the rocking chair thinking ahead to the future of when the days I would be sitting here holding her beautiful tiny body in my hands. I didn’t know her yet but I loved her already. As I started falling asleep, the phone rang pulling me out of my slumber. My father in hysterics told me to get rid of most of the clothes as possible and he would deal with the rest later. No baby would be coming home today. My heart fell as I rounded up everything looking at the only pair of shoes my mom allowed me pick out for the baby, I began crying but took the shoes and placed them into my closet, maybe one day was all I thought.

6b. Six-word fiction
Being Alone: Never felt so good.

6c. Six word Memoir
Sometimes we have to walk alone.

1 comment: