Sunday, December 4, 2011

Draft #2 - Behind those Eyes

I stared at myself in the mirror, my gray eyes looking cloudier than usually. I sat on the toilet and felt my eyes beginning to sting, but the tears I cried, were not worth it. Bringing the blade to my arm, I slowly stared dragging it slowly across my skin, but instead of feeling a sharp pain, I felt joy watching as the blood trickled down my arm. I started to continued until I heard a loud knock on the door.

“ Scarlett, I need to use the bathroom, you freak.” my older brother yelled.

I knew I was a freak. “ HURRY UP.” he yelled becoming impatient and banging his fist on the door. I quickly hid the blade in between toilet paper and shoved it in my pocket, turned on the faucet, and let the water run over the newly formed cut. Making sure there was no evidence left I opened the door and stormed past my screaming brother.

Looking around my dark  room, I placed the blade underneath my bed and stared at my new cut. It matched all the other ones, but it was slightly darker and not as old as the other ones were. Walking around my room, my eyes came upon the picture of the person that started this all for me. His beautiful jade colored eyes and smile mocked me. I wanted to tear the picture up, but I didn’t because I always wanted to be able to see those eyes whenever my heart longed for it. Walking back to my bed and I laid down and closed my eyes to see scene that haunts me till this day appeared,

He sat there his lovely eyes staring over at me. I never thought it would haunt me, because when they looked at me, I knew I could go on . His eyes held it all, and when he looked at me, they told a story of questions. I knew that when I finally spoke the words that were heavy on my heart, I may not see those eyes again, but I didn’t think it would be forever.

Opening my eyes and getting up, I reached for the diary under my bed and wrote               

Your beautiful jade eyes torment me, I know what I did to you was wrong. Why did you choose me, out of everyone you knew I was not the strongest, in fact you choose the weakest person to love you, and look where it got you. Its enough to have you consume my every single thought you always said……

I couldn’t write anymore because I didn’t know if this made sense. The emotional pain was enough but I needed to feel the physical pain. Truth is, I just wanted to feel something again. Going under my bed I pulled out blade and observed it. I knew it wasn’t going to be hard anymore. The last thing I remember seeing was swirls of red, and those beautiful jade eyes that haunted me. The only thing left to do was wait, I would see them again.

Reflection :
Based on workshop 2 , I know plan on adding a bit more about the background of my character, so it lets the reader have more insight into why she does with she does. I also want to give some details but to basically show and not tell. I also plan on making my point come across a bit more clearly, because based on the workshop there is some confusion on behalf of my character, so I want to make it clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment