1) Things that inspire me
- My family
- Reading
- Nicholas Sparks
- My friends
- Drake
My friends often times serve as my biggest inspiration especially if I’m stuck on something such as my writings I can go to them for advice and suggestions. I remember for one writing I was doing a story that wasn’t going the way that I wanted it to. My friend then told me to simply don’t become so caught up in what is wrong but to look for what was good. My friends also inspire me because they each have different personalities so if I have a character that I’m working on I can think on how their influence can change where the story is going.
2) Things I wish I never said
- I hate you
- I love you
- Nice to meet you
- Why was I born
- I wish I was dead
Saying the words “I Love You” is sometimes the biggest phrase that I wish I never say to people in my life. There were times that I said I love you to someone and in the end I would end up hurt or hurting them. I feel that if I took into consideration what effects my words can have before I say them then no one would get hurt. This phrase has caused many pain because once it is said the person it is said to believes what they are told. This is just one main thing I wish I have never said because the effects still haunt me to this day.
3) I am afraid of
- Failing in general
- Insects
- Not getting into the college I want
- Disappointing my family
-Not being able to express myself
One thing that I am mainly afraid of is that I wouldn’t accomplish all my goals and therefore be a disappointment to my mother. Everyday I see how hard it is for my mother over here and how much she struggles to take care of my sister and I . This pushes me to want to aim high so I can take care of her, but I am afraid that I could fail causing her to be disappointed in me.
4) Love to Eat
- Caribbean Food
- Hamburgers
- Lifesavers
-California Rolls
- French fries
My favorite type of food would of course be Caribbean food because it holds who I am and where my family comes from. On holidays the food is what brings my family up here together because it’s a taste of their country that can always be with them. I remember being in Trinidad for Christmas and playing outside my tantie’s house smelling the food being cooked in the kitchen. The way the dhal was being made using split peas and how she made tomato choka, with the tomatoes being mixed together with garlic and onions. The food that we cook always hold culture from me and reminds me that we can be far away but things can bring us closer.
5) Make me Laugh
-My little cousins
-My friends
- Favorite television shows
-Books
-My family
One thing that will always make me laugh are my friends. There was a day that I was depressed about what was going on in my life, and when I came to school my friends did the funniest things to make me laugh. From things to making harmless fun of each other, I know that I can laugh so hard that I can get a headache from how hard I’m laughing. They always say that “laughter is the best medicine” and when I’m with my friends its as if I get more than one dose.
6) Places you want to go to
- Italy
- All Caribbean Islands
- United Kingdom
- Canada
- Hawaii
If I can go one place, I would want to go to Hawaii, because it looks beautiful. When they show it on television or if I see a vacation package for it pop up on my computer it looks relaxed. I would also want to go there to see the volcanoes and beaches. I like how the culture there is presented, with the beautiful flowers and Hulu dancers.
7) Places I have been
- Utah
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Florida
- Boston
- Washington D.C.
I have been a lot of places but of course out of all of them I love Trinidad the most. I stayed there when I was younger, and often go back. I remember when I went for Christmas in 2008, as soon as I got off the airplane there were many trees outside the airport with beautiful pink flowers on it. I love the fact that my family lives near the sea, so where I could walk from the back of the house to sit down and watch as the sunset. My fondest memory is when I went with my family to the pools. It was a large waterfall when you can hike up and it would branch off in little pools where one can swim in. I liked how cold the water felt on my skin and the sound of the water rushing down was very peaceful.
8) Sports
- Cricket
- Tennis
- Swimming
- Ice skating
- Soccer
One of my favorite sports are swimming because I like the way the water makes me forget the world. My favorite place to swim is the sea because even though the water is salty and there are fishes swimming along with you, I like floating and watching the sky at the same time. With swimming I can get lost for hours, floating and hearing as the waves crash against the rocks.
9) Favorite Singers
- Breathe Carolina
- Vishal Persad
- Drake
- Vybz Kartel
- Lady Gaga
My favorite singer would be Drake, not only because his words are inspirational but I can also relate to his words. It seems that if I am in many mood, there is a song by him that can correspond to how I feel. One of my favorite songs by him is Find Your Love, where he is basically saying if you have something worth fighting for, then go for it because it can be to late. I just like how his words speak to me and I feel as if he understands what I am going through.
10) Favorite Movies
- A Walk to Remember
- Harry Potter Series
- Twilight Series
- Save the Last Dance
- Norbit
My favorite movie is Save the Last Dance, the movie was about a girl whose mother died and she has to move in with her estranged father. Sara, the main actor stops dancing after her mom died because she feels as if its her fault. Here she learns that she should continue going because it is her dream , but she also has a support system through her friends and boyfriend. This movie was an inspiration because it shows that you may have to face something but it shouldn’t inhibit you from following your dreams.
11) Favorite Books
- Kite Runner
- Gathering Blue
- The Crucible
- Madeline
-Paper Ghosts
My favorite book would have to be The Kite Runner, because of the story it teaches. I like the fact that this book has so many themes developed into a beautiful complicated story. In the end I like how Amir finds redemption for his past mistakes, even though the journey presented itself to be a problematic one.
12) Five Languages I want to learn
- Hindi
- French
- Arabic
- Spanish
- Italian
One language that I would really like to learn is Hindi. For one I want to learn it to explore more into my grandmother’s culture and upbringing. I have been learning from some people and on my own but I want to go back to Trinidad and have my grandmother’s sisters teach me more about the culture. I want to learn Hindi because I still have family who speak it and I would like to communicate with them that way as well.
13) Favorite Website
- Facebook
-Tumblr
-Youtube
- Hulu
-Skype
My favorite website is Facebook, because I can connect to a lot of people. I usually use it so I can talk to my friends, cousins in Trinidad or my cousins in the Army. With this website I can check on how things are with my family and instead of constantly having to by calling cards I can use Skype or Facebook just to catch up. I also like that I can meet new people across the globe and see how things for them may be different, than things for us here.
14) Favorite TV shows
- Vampire Diaries
- Pretty Little Liars
- Jersey Shore
- Skins UK
- Hells Kitchen
My favorite show would have to be Skins UK because even though most say its just about drugs and other subjects there are also stories to be told from each character. My favorite characters from the show would be Chris and Freddie. I like Chris because even though he was what people would consider a screw up, in the end he changed. I also like Freddie because he wants this girl to love him but he keeps having to go through a cycle with her in to get her affection.
15) Stores to shop at
- Forever 21
- Hollister
- Charlotte Rouse
- Journey’s
- Strawberry
I like shopping at Strawberry because they have many cute jewelry which I have a passion for. When I go there either with friends or family I always end up looking at the necklaces or bracelets and what I have at home that can go with it. I also like going there because if I’m with my sister we stay there for a long period of time just looking and seeing what looks good for one another.
16) Favorite Animals
- Pandas
- Koala
- Rabbits
- Elephant
-Dogs
I like dogs because they are fun to be around and constantly makes things exciting. My mom won’t allow me to have a dog, but I like how they are cute and happy to see you when you get home. I also like how the are protective over their owners, I remember in Trinidad at night someone was passing by the house to get by the sea and the dogs barked to warn incase something happened.
17) Five people I want to meet
- Ghandi
- Bob Marley
- My Grandparents from Trinidad
- Russell Peters
- The Kardashian’s
I would love to meet my grandparents because I hear stories about them all the time. They both died before I was born, but my aunts and uncles tell me how they acted, the stuff they liked, and who they were. If I could spend one day with them I would be happy and have an endless amount of questions to ask both of them.
18) Things I can’t Live Without
- My Itouch
- Music
- My family/ friends
- Books
-Food
One thing I can’t live without would be my music. I listen to different types of music from here and the Caribbean and it shows a part of me. I remember one time my mom took my Ipod away so that I couldn’t listen to music and I went insane. Music helps me calm down, concentrate and is one of my biggest inspiration and without it I’m not myself.
19)Things I would change about myself
- My attitude
- My hair
- My height
-My habits
- My personality
One thing I know I have to work on is my attitude. There are times when I use the wrong judgment and it may affect how people see me which is something that can’t be reversed. I want to change how I act in certain situations and not out of haste because my actions do affect those around me.
20) I wish I could do
- Scuba diving
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- See all the countries in Europe
- Become a Psychologist
- Write a novel
One thing I wish I could do is ride in a hot air balloon, I am not really afraid of heights so this would be the perfect journey. I have been in airplanes before, but I want to go without walls blocking my view. I think it would be a nice experience to see houses from above and simply float away from the Earth for awhile.
These are definitely filled with lots of details. I would like for you to connect with your senses even more. I would like to smell, or touch, or see some more details within your work.
ReplyDelete8.5