Monday, November 21, 2011

Journal #10 - Classy and Trashy

Classy
- Elegant Vera Wang Dress
- Table with a nice setup
- Freshly done nails
-Country clubs
- Upper East side Town House
- Well articulate

Trashy
- Skimpy short dress
- Eating on the subway
- Chipped nail polish
- Using Slang

London walked out into the cold New York air, unaffected by the glares she was receiving, and thanking her chauffeur Jared, London walked into the school building holding unto her custom made handbag that had her name engraved in gold stitching.  Walking past her use to be friends she just smiled flashing her new gold ring. London didn’t really care what others had to say about her, she held her head up high and flashed everyone a perfect smile, even the ones who despised her. As she continued to walk down the hallway every pair of eyes were on her with not even the slightest glance down because everyone wanted to observe what she looked like in order to copy the next day, but little did they know that today’s fashion is worthless when coming to tomorrows. Walking into the classroom, she stared at Stacey walking past her slowly hoping to evoke jealously in her old friends heart.


I hate that girl. The fact that she walks past me as if our friendship meant nothing makes me angry. She sits there and I cannot help but compare myself to her. She gets everything she wants and I have to work for what I want and still cannot make it. My chipped nail polish and cheap perfume is nothing compared to what she has. I remember her house when I walked in, the beautiful long hallway, walk in closet, and the when she turned on the crystal chandelier and it made the whole rook look as if there were encrusted with diamonds. Compared to when we walked into my house, the dreary damp feeling and smell of alcohol engulfed us. She stared back and forth to from me and my home and I could see in her facial expression that she wanted to run out of there as fast as she can, and the next day she walked past me as if I didn’t exist. It hurt and now I feel inferior , but everyday I become a little stronger and better about my humbling situation.  

1 comment:

  1. 10/10: Wonderful mastery of both the Authorial Tone and Interpretation by Another Character. Each have a certain distance attached to them, but yet still connect the reader to what is important within the passage. I love the details that you chose to include.

    Where is Reflection #4?

    ReplyDelete